Happy New Year to all of you! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. 2015 is officially over and I’m extremely thankful for every trip, adventure and time spent with my family. I wish nothing but the best to all of you in the new year ahead. I’m getting a little personal today and sharing my 2016 resolutions. Have you written yours?
- Visit 3 new countries: This year my husband and I were lucky enough to visit Oman, Jordan, Cyprus and Portugal. In 2016 we are hoping to travel to 3 new countries…perhaps Greece, Thailand and South Africa. Any suggestions?
- Learn Italian: Learning Italian has always been a personal goal and this year I’m hoping to make time from my busy travel schedule to hopefully take a few classes and visit Italy during the summer.
- Visit Venezuela: Sadly it has been been over two years since the last time I visited Venezuela. Even though it’s dangerous and basic necessities are hard to find (it brakes my heart) at the end of the day it is where I’m from and I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for my upbringing in Maracaibo, Venezuela.
- Workout 4 – 5 times a week: If you follow me on Snapchat (chicflavours) then you know boxing is my go-to workout in Abu Dhabi and hot yoga in Chicago. The hardest part is keeping a routine while traveling. Hotel gym anyone?
- Be a better Catholic: My husband and I had a routine while living in Chicago…every Sunday we would wake up and go to yoga, have lunch, relax or run errands in the afternoon and go to mass at the Assumption Catholic Church. Going to Church in Abu Dhabi is a bit tricky due to the work week (the work week is Sunday – Thursday) but I’m hoping to make this a priority.
- Make more friends in Abu Dhabi: Do you remember the last time you actually tried making friends? Perhaps college? I’m hoping to grow my network in the UAE and continue growing my group of friends.
- Find a way to give back to the community: I will confess I’m not yet sure about how or what the best way to give back would be. Perhaps volunteering at an elderly home?
- Grow Chic Flavours: I’ve been blogging full time for a little bit over a year now and I hope to continue growing and sharing more stories and travels with all of you.
- Keep track of our trips, print photo album: I have thousands of pictures on my camera and my phone that at some point I would like to print and organize. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I’m scared this will take me weeks!
- Be a better wife, sister and daughter: haha yes! Being a better wife, sister and daughter will forever be my goal. Always improving myself, being more patient, caring and loving.
Thank you so much for reading and I look forward to reading a few of your resolutions below!